Lombok Pool House Homestay is a family run accommodation business in Kuta, South Lombok Indonesia.
We are always committed to providing quality accommodation and services to our guests and at the same time leave behind an environment with sufficient resources to future generations. We believe environmental protection is reducing the consumption of natural resources as well as keeping damage to soil, water and air at its minimum. We strive to limit our consumption of energy, water and production of waste.
- We do not have air conditioning in our rooms because of disproportionate electricity use and ozone-damaging coolants. Our building design provides optimal ventilation and protection from the sun; and we also believe that travelling to another country involves adapting to local conditions.
- Neither do we provide hot water as continuous flow heaters or gas boilers either need a lot of electricity, have high carbon emissions or burn valuable resources – and all this in a climate that doesn’t really call for hot showers.
- We reuse grey water after it has been treated in a simple sand filter to water the gardens. In our gardens we planted mostly drought resistant plants or plants that can cope with a minimal amount of water. (If you see our garden in a somewhat pity state at the end of the dry season, don’t worry – it’ll recover when the rains start again.)
- minimise the use of waste of any kind and re-use and recycle all waste where possible;
- switch off all lights and electrical equipment when not in use and only use LED light bulbs;
- seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products, and re-use and recycle where possible;
- us cleaning materials which are as environmentally friendly as possible and make an effort to use the least amount possible;
- buy locally produced groceries from local suppliers to help reduce our carbon footprint and use local trades people wherever possible;
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner; train, educate and inform them about environmental issues within the homestay that may affect their work and involve them in the execution of this policy;
- will continually develop and monitor environmental performance to help improve and reduce environmental impact and review this statement accordingly.
We ask our guests to:
- be aware of their shopping behaviour and try not to leave too much plastic waste behind; we provide free drinking water for our guests – please bring a refill bottle;
- not to litter and to throw rubbish in the bins provided or hand it over to us in the restaurant. Moreover, if you want to make sure your rubbish doesn’t end up in the ocean, bring it back from the beach and throw in the bin at our homestay; our rubbish is collected and disposed off at a landfill;
- turn off bedroom lights and air fans on their way out in the mornings and evenings;
- save water: be conservative with fresh water use and make sure all showers and taps are closed after use;
- don’t throw anything in the toilets – Indonesia does not have central sewage treatment systems.
- do not touch or stand on corals – corals are animals and any interaction destroys this fragile ocean ecosystem;
- do not collect seashells – hermit crabs “move” to new shells once they outgrow their own; the waves break down shells to make sand and sustain the beaches.